Kampala-Commissioner of Police and head of the women desk in Uganda Police, CP Chelimo Beata has been transferred to head the police compliance unit.
Inspector General of Police, Gen. Kale Kayihura made few changes that saw John Gray Ambayo from Police Training School Kabalye to the directorate of operation in Kampala.
Below is the statement
The Uganda Police Force has made fresh transfers and appointments of gazetted officers. The following transfers/appointments are hereby ordered with immediate effect.
1. CP CHELIMO BEATA IS HEREBY APPOINTED THE HEAD OF POLICE COMPLIANCE UNIT
2. SSP AMBAYO JOHN GRAY IS TRANSFERRED FROM PTS KABALYE TO THE DIRECTORATE OF OPERATIONS-POLICE HEADQUARTERS
3. SP EMITU EZEKIEL IS TRANSFERRED FROM NALUFENYA BASE COMMAND TO PTS KABALYE AND APPOINTED AS DEPUTY COMMANDANT OF THE SCHOOL, HE WILL ALSO HANDLE THE YOUTH PROGRAMME AT THE CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE IN COMMUNITY POLICING AT THE SCHOOL
4. ASP NYESIGIRE DAVID KATUNDA TO TAKE ON THE NALUFENYA BASE COMMAND PENDING APPOINTMENT OF SUBSTANTIVE COMMANDANT
5. ASP WATHUM BENSON’S TRANSFER TO CIID HQTRS IS HEREBY CANCELLED. HE INSTEAD MOVES TO POLICE COMPLIANCE UNIT.