Long-serving National Resistance Movement (NRM) cadre Dr. Crispus Kiyonga has been named Uganda’s new Ambassador to Beijing, China, replacing Charles Wagidoso.
Since 1986 when the NRM came to power Dr. Kiyonga has held several top government jobs, the last appointment being Minister for Defence.
In 1980 Dr. Kiyonga, who hails from Kasese, was the only Member of Parliament elected on the ticket of the Uganda Patriotic Movement (UPM), a party founded by current NRM Chairman Yoweri Museveni. During those elections Mr Museveni contested in Mbarara on the UPM ticket but lost to Democratic Party’s Sam Kahamba Kutesa, the current Minister of Foreign Affairs and also an in-law to President Museveni.
Another notable appointment is that of Democratic Party National Chairman and former Mayor of Jinja Muhammad Kezaala, who has been named Deputy Ambassador.
Last night the EagleOnline broke the story of the appointment of Busoga King William Wilberforce Gabula as Ambassador Special Duties Office of the President.
- Brig. Ronnie Balya – JUBA
- Kibedi Zake Wanume – COPENHAGEN
- James Kinobe – KHARTOUM
- Prof Sam Turyamuhika – MOGADISHU
- Mubiru Stephen – ANKARA
- James Mbahimba – KINSHASA
- Onyanga Aparr Christopher – GENEVA
- Nelson Ocheger – ABUJA
- Dr Kiyonga Chrispus – BEIJING
- Hyuha Samali Dorothy – KUALA LUMPUR
- Wonekha Oliver – KIGALI
- Sam Maale- CAIRO
- Olwa Johnson Agara – MOSCOW
- Nimisha Jayant Madhvani – ABU DHABI
- Nduhura Richard – PARIS
- Nsambu Alintuma – ALGIERS
- Betty Akech Okullu – TOKYO
- Katende Mull Sebujja – WASHINGTON
- Maj Gen. Matayo Kyaligonza – BUJUMBURA
- Moto Julius Peter – LONDON
- Blaak Mirjam – BRUSSELS
- Solomon Rutega – GUANGZHOU
- Grace Akello – NEW DELHI
- Phoebe Otaala – NAIROBI
- Tibaleka Marcel – BERLIN
- Napeyok Elizabeth Paula – ROME
- Dr Kisuule Ahmed – RIYADH
- Rebecca Otengo – ADDIS ABABA
- Ruth Aceng – OTTAWA
- Prof. Joyce Kikafunda – CANBERRA
- Nekesa Barbara Oundo – SOUTH AFRICA
- Dr. Ssemuddu Yahaya – TEHRAN
- Ayebare Adonia – NEW YORK
- Richard Kabonero – DAR ES SALAAM
- His Highness Gabula William AMBASSODOR-SPECIAL DUTIES – OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT.
- Ocula Michael
- Mohammed Kezaala