Former Finance Minister and Buganda kingdom primer Mayanja Nkangi is dead
Mzee Nkangi aged 85 years died this morning at Kampala International Hospital where he had been admitted with pneumonia.
Earlier, reports of his death circulated massively but his daughter Josephine Mayanja Nkangi had said her father had been in critical condition, having difficulty in breathing but was still alive. However, his passing on has been confirmed by Ms. Mayanja who later confirmed his passing to the media.
Earlier, she had said the former finance minister had been in critical condition, having difficulty in breathing. – See more at:
1931: Born to Isaya Sibakyalwayo and Yozefina Nantale of Kalungu
1937 – 1946: Went to Kabungo Primary School
1944 – 1946: Kako Junior School
1947 – 1949: Joined king’s College Buddo
- Obtained a bachelor of Arts degree from the University of London
- Joined University of Oxford (Keble College) for a Bachelor and Master of Arts in Politics and economics
1962 – 1963: Served as Minister without Portfolio
1963: Represented Uganda in the EALA
1964 – 1966: Katikkiro of Buganda
1966 – 1971: Exiled in United Kingdom after the overthrow of Ssekabaka Muteesa 1’s government by Obote
1980: Founded Conservative Party
1986 – 1989: Served as Minister of Education. He oversaw the creation of Kyambogo University.
1989 – 1992: Minister of Planning and economic development. He oversaw the establishment of Uganda Investment Authority.
1992 – 1998: He served as Minister of Finance
1998 – 2002: Served as Minister of Justice and Constitutional affairs
2002 – 2012: Served as Chairperson Uganda Land Commission.
- He participated in drafting the 1995 constitution.
- He was a member of the Constituent Assembly
- He was also a former MP for Masaka East and founder member of both Kabaka Yekka Youth Wing and Conservative Party (CP).
– See more at: http://www.newvision.co.ug/new_vision/news/1447776/-minister-mayanja-nkangi-dies-aged-85#sthash.qP8nkfno.dp