Over the past five years twelve prominent Ugandans have been killed by assassins riding on boda bodas, with the latest victim being Uganda Police Spokesperson, Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIGP) Andrew Felix Kaweesi, who was shot dead this morning near his home in Kulambiro.
Eye witness accounts indicate there were four assassins riding on two boda bodas, who killed Kaweesi, his driver Godfrey Wambewa and body guard Kenneth Erau at around 9.30am.
AIGP Kaweesi is not the first person to be killed in such a manner and below are some other prominent people who met their death in similar circumstances since 2012. Of those killed, 10 were Muslim clerics.
- Sheikh Abdul Karim Sentamu Apr. 2012
- Sheikh Abdul Jawali Sentunga Aug. 2012
- Sheikh Yunus Abubakar Mudungu Aug. 2012
- Hajji Abubaker Kiweewa Jun. 2012
- Sheikh Dr Abdul Kadir Muwaya Dec. 2014
- Sheikh Mustafa Bahiga Dec. 2014
- Sheikh Ismail Ssebugwawo Jan. 2015
- SPSA (Prosecutor) Joan Kagezi Mar. 2015
- Abdul Rashid Wafula May 2015
- Sheikh Ibrahim Hassan Kirya Jun. 2015
- Major Sheikh Muhammad Kiggundu Nov. 2016
- AIGP Andrew Felix Kaweesi Mar. 2017