The Former Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) Executive Director, Prof. Maggie Kigozi will receive the 2017 Digital Impact Awards Africa (DIAA) Investment Leadership Award for her business acumen.
The prestigious award will be presented to Prof. Kigozi on September 22 at the Kampala Serena Hotel by the State Minister for Public Service, David Karubanga, who is also the DIAA patron. The award will be one of the activities of the 4th Digital and Financial Expo to be held at the same hotel. Other individuals in IT and business promotion will also be recognized.
Launched in 2017, the DIAA Investment Leadership Award is given to individuals and groups who have through the years exhibited exemplary business acumen through promoting investments (some in digital and financial sectors), creation of employment and playing a crucial role in citizens’ empowerment.
“We are recognizing Prof. Maggie Kigozi for her outstanding contribution towards industrialization, attracting and nurturing investments, empowering women and youth and supporting the sports and creative arts industries over the years,” Innocent Kawooya, CEO Hipipo says.
Kawooya says many of the investments such as telecoms and banks which are leading the current digital revolution and financial inclusion in Uganda were possible under the leadership of Prof. Kigozi.
“With exceptional dignity and courage, Prof. Maggie Kigozi has been at the forefront of investment; providing young people of all backgrounds with an example they can emulate in their own lives,” he says
The 4th Digital and Financial Expo, featuring Digital Impact Awards Africa will include exhibition of innovations, products, and services in the digital and financial services space and their application to the different economic sectors. Building on from the last 3 events, the project’s growing success is fostered by different individuals’ open mind embrace of promotions, projects, and events that propel our innovation and investment environment.
A senior consultant at the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), Prof. Maggie Kigozi, a medical doctor, has over the years, served at various levels.
- Marketing Director at Crown Beverages (June 1994 to November 1999).
- Executive Director at Uganda Investment Authority (December 1999 to June 2013).
- Director/ Crown Beverages (June 1994 to date).
- Chair of the Board Zuri Model Farm Ltd (April 2013 to date).
- Chancellor of Nkumba University (Until 2011).
- Founder Uganda Investment Authority Women Entrepreneurs Network.
- President, Business and Professional Women (BPW) Uganda.
- Consultant at the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO).
- Member of Global Banking Alliance for Women (GBA) Advisory Board.
- Chief Scout of the Uganda Scouts Association.