The National Resistance Movement (NRM) has started ‘consultative meetings’ across the country on the Age Limit Bill that seeks to remove the 75-year age cap on presidency.
Rodgers Mulindwa, the party spokesperson, said in a statement that senior party leaders will start meetings in different parts of the country today.
“The National Party Chairperson Gen. Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has already deployed his senior cadres to take lead in the exercise that will last not more than seven working days,” the statement reads.
Stories Continues after ad
Below is the list of the party officials and the regions they will consult.
- Greater Masaka: Al-Hajji Moses Kigongo.
- Acholi: Hon. Richard Todwong.
- Kampala: Hon. Rose Namayanja, Mr. Godfrey Nyakana and Dr. Hassan Galiwango.
- Greater Luwero and Mukono: Hajji Abdul Nadduli.
- Greater Mubende: Hon Ruth Nankabirwa.
- Greater Mpigi: Hon Mathias Kasamba.
- West Nile: Hon Hudu Oleru and Hajji Nasur Gaddafi.
- Lango: Hon Sam Engola and Hon Lydia Wanyoto.
- Karamoja: Hon Simon Peter Aleper and Mr. Gabriel Kato.
- Busoga: Hon. Ali Kirunda Kivejinja and Hon Milton Muwuma.
- Bukedi: Hon. Mike Mukula.
- Sebei and Elgon: Hon Dominic Gidudu.
- Teso: Dr. Kenneth Omona.
- Bunyoro: Hon Kahinda Otafire and Mr. Oscar Kihika.
- Rwenzori: Hon Matayo Kyaligonza and Dr. Robert Rukaari.
- Ankoke: Hon Maj. Gen. Jim Muhwezi and Mr. James Tweheyo.
- Kigezi: Rt. Hon Ruhankana Rugunda.