President Yoweri Museveni has relaxed the lockdown after the country observing more than 50 days which he announced almost two months ago.
Museveni this evening has allowed Kikuubo business hub, Arcades, Boda-bodas t o carry one passenger and public transport to operate at 50 per cent.
Museveni further allowed private vehicles to move between inter-districts but with only three passengers.
Museveni also revealed that the country is waiting for Johnson and Johnson vaccines as the country had paid $3 million through the African Union but also thanked China and Norway for the donation.
“I have been informed that tonight, 30th July 2021,we are receiving donations of 286,080 doses of AstraZeneca vaccine from Norway and 300,000 doses of the Sinovac Vaccine from China. I would like to thank both the Government of Norway and People’s Republic of China for prioritizing the lives of Ugandans”. Museveni said.
He said in addition, in September 2021, the country is expecting 647,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine from USA,688,000 of the AstraZeneca vaccine from the COVAX Facility and 299,000 doses from the United Kingdom.
The following are revised presidential directives.
1. The curfew time maintained from 7pm to 5 am to avoid congregations .
2 . Boda bodas are allowed to carry one passenger and strictly were the mask and maintain SOPs.
3. Kikuubo should open and clothes in pathways to be removed to avoid congestion .
4. Arcades can open and strictly follow the SOPs, corridors and ventilations to be set, CCTVS etc.
5. Weddings and burial attendance to remain at 20.
6. Worshiping places to remain closed for another 60 days.
7. Sports to reopen with no spectators in the field.
8. Indoor sports eg gyms, pool tables to reopen and observe the SOPs.
9. Performing of concerts to remain closed .
10. Bars to remain closed as people can continue sanitizing themselves from their homes.
11. Restaurants to remain open under strict observance of SOPs.
12. Saloons to remain open and observe the SOPs
13. Schools to remain closed. as virtual learning continues.
14. Private vehicle allowed to carry maximum of three passengers.
15.Airport to remain open in and out of the country.
16. Cargo trucks to remain in operation.
17. Public transport to be allowed carrying 50% , no air conditioning in public transport effective from 2nd of August 2021.
18. Food markets to remain open.
19. Seasonal markets to remain closed.