The 'Gagawala' building

Police fire brigade early today came in handy to extinguish a fire at the Shauriyako (Gagawala) market in downtown Kampala, putting out a raging fire that was reportedly started after an electric short circuit.

Sources said the fire started in shops number 75L and 76L, and was put out before spreading to other shops in the crowded market.

By press time it was nossible to establish how much merchandise had been destroyed, but no one was hurt.

Stories Continues after ad
Website | + posts